This is graduation time. Students, family, and friends are gathering around the world to commemorate the awarding of a degree or diploma to graduates. So it has been with my family as our 18-year-old daughter just graduated from High School and moves on to her next phase in life (pursuing her undergraduate degree).
What is the best advice you have for graduates? What would you share as the most important lessons you have learned about life? Here is my advice
Practical Pointers for Life. (p. 14-15, Pursuit of Passionate Purpose: Success Strategies for a Rewarding Personal and Business Life)
Every person can live a more meaningful, satisfying life AND produce extraordinary results. The pursuit of passionate purpose, not only its attainment, and relationships along the way bring the real rewards to life. Recognize success as maintaining integrity of effort as well as making your goal.
On your life’s journey, follow this proven four-stage process:
- Get to know who you are—what you value and what are your gifts—and nurture all parts of you—head, heart, and hands--into the whole person you want to be.
- Foster your passion, align it to meaningful purpose, and commit to it fully.
- Pursue your purpose by developing and then implementing a focused plan.
- Appreciate your progress and make adjustments along the way.
Throughout the journey, apply these six strategies:
- Honor opposites in life and encourage dynamic movement between them.
- Envision broadly what you want and, while being open to all possibilities, direct all your thinking, feeling, and doing energy to attract it toward you.
- Persist with enjoyment in the process, by dividing and conquering piece by piece until you reach your goal.
- Surrender to and allow the natural flow of life without attachment to a certain outcome.
- Make deep connections to the proper people and to the web of life and lessen the impact of the improper ones.
- Find out what energizes you and what discourages you. Bring the energizers along, and leave discouragers behind. Enjoy!
Summary – The Purpose of it All.
Success is self-determined. You can turn a good life into a great life. The choice is yours: to pursue or not to pursue the real rewards of life. Life is short. Follow your heart, in harmony with your head and hands. Live your passion. Enjoy the process. Begin now! Here’s wishing you well in pursuing passionate purpose!
Theresa M Szczurek (www.TMSworld.com; www.RadishSystems.com; www.PursuitofPassionatePurpose.com)