A legendary study of graduates from
Your Strategic Plan
Gazelles, companies growing more than 20% per year for more than four years, know what is important: A clear strategic plan which is implemented with best business practices.
Process. Use this 4-stage ‘pursuit of passionate purpose’ process to build your plan:
- Access progress – look at your current situation and determine ‘who are we now?’
- Find your passion by clarifying core values and competencies – determine ‘what is our passion?’
- Align that passion with a purpose and vision – Define a Big Hairy Audacious Goal or BHAG® on ‘where you want to get to?’
- Pursue purpose -- Identify and implement strategic initiatives on ‘how do we get there?’
It is iterative and ongoing--over time, go back to “Access progress” phase and revise your plan.
One-page Plan. Organize outputs of this process into a 1-page strategic plan. This communications tool aligns everyone in your company with the passion, purpose, and priorities to pursue your vision. It works. The fastest growing companies have a good plan and a well-developed habit of continually using it to evaluate progress. Keep the plan alive – monitor, assess, revise, and continue to pursue. Check out www.Gazelles.com and sign up for the great weekly newsletter. You can download a template for a 1-page plan.
Example. Consider the
Practical Pointers. How to Build a Good Plan?
- Establish a strategic plan for your organization. Follow the 4-stage process. Combine your vision of what you want with relentless effort to get it.
- Organize the plan in a simple to follow format where all critical information is in one place. Post the plan so all can refer to it on regular basis.
- Use the plan as a tool to guide your company and people. Establish team and individual goals and metrics. Publicly review progress and use team pressure to hold people accountable.
- Then pursue your passionate purpose! It takes relentless pursuit using a ‘divide and conquer’ strategy, ongoing assessment of progress, consistent team communications, and mid-course corrections.
- Get help from the right players. We are available to coach you through this process. You don’t need to it alone.
Build a good plan and then execute it.