Have you read the book, "The Car That Could: The Inside Story of GM's Revolutionary Electric Vehicle" by Michael Shnayerson? It includes a list of ten EV "commandments:"
1. Come to work each day willing to be fired.
2. Circumvent any orders aimed at stopping your dream.
3. Do any job needed to make your project work, regardless of job description.
4. Find people to help you.
5. Follow your intuition about the people you choose, and work only with the best.
6. Work underground as long as you can -- publicity triggers the corporate immune system.
7. Never bet on a race unless you are running it.
8. Remember it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
9. Be true to your goals, but be realistic about the ways to achieve them.
10. Honor your sponsors.
For people trying to successfully pursue passionate purpose in companies large or small, these rules are important. By using them and questioning authority, you might just accomplish great business performance while having more fun along the way. Give them a try!
Theresa M. Szczurek (www.TMSworld.com)